We’re looking for volunteers for Kintyre areas and offering a fantastic free training course in May!
Who do we want? People with parenting skills – doesn’t matter how old your skills are we will be happy to offer support and training to bring you bang up to date with current health and safety, risk assessments for the home and of course child protection data. We’re not teaching our Grannies to suck eggs just covering the bases with the current regulations and training guidelines!
You may think you have nothing to offer but you’d be wrong, you could be excellent at negotiating with officials, or have first hand experience of post-natal depression, maybe you lived remote and had to learn how to find friends. All we ask is that you are non judgmental, supportive and can offer a few hours a week support to a family.
Home visiting volunteers
To be a Home-Start home visiting volunteer, you will need to:
- Be a parent or have parenting experience
- Undergo a criminal record check at enhanced level
- Attend our free volunteer preparation course with other new volunteers. This is normally 40 hours’ training in May 2016 and takes place before you are linked with a family.
- Be able to visit a family at home, once a week, for around two hours, to support them
- Understand that your support for families is completely confidential
- Be able to commit to at least a six month period of support
- Have a non-judgemental attitude and understand about the pressure of bringing up a family
Volunteers do not need any formal qualifications to support a family. You are fully trained and supported for as long you are helping a family.
Think you can help?? We will train you and you will have fully enhanced PVG – out of pocket expenses paid only.
Why not get in touch for a volunteer pack call 01369 702418 or email firstname.lastname@example.org