There are so many different ways in which you can get involved with Home-Start Majik.
How to refer a family to Home-Start MAJIK
If you are a health visitor, midwife or professional in the social care and childcare sector you can find out more by reading our referrers leaflet here. If you want to make a referral now then follow these simple steps.
- Discuss Home-Start MAJIK with the family – they MUST agree to receive support.
- Establish that the family has at least one child under five – this is key to Home-Start MAJIK’S support.
- Contact Home-Start MAJIK and speak to the coordinator for your area
- Sharon Erskine (Scheme Manager/ Bute) – 07435 595 054
- Melissa McCrossan (Cowal) – 07444352677
- Kelly Coats (Kintyre, Islay ) – 07917 285 154
Home-Start MAJIK will:
- Set up an initial visit with the family to discuss their needs and tell them all about Home-Start MAJIK.
- Carefully match the skills and experiences of a volunteer to the needs of the family.
- Introduce the volunteer to the family (this may take time and if a suitable match cannot be made then you will be informed).
- Let you know when Home-Start MAJIK support starts and ends.
- Keep you informed, within confidentiality guidelines, about progress.
There are many ways to help Home-Start MAJIK and we are lucky enough to be able to count on the continued support of local organisations. Our sponsors support us financially and we are very grateful.
Argyll and Bute Council
Scottish Community Foundation (recently changed name)
Women’s Fund for Scotland
Just as important are those who promote our work through their own networks and associations.
We are pleased to be supported by the following throughout Argyll & Bute:
- Social work
- Health Visitors
- Local Councillors
- Head teachers and staff
- Pre-school groups
- Primary & Secondary Schools
- Local Religious groups
- Other Voluntary Organisations
We are always open to contact from anyone who might want to build our network of support. If you want to get involved contact us here.