Make a yarn Octopus to keep the kids entertained on a rainy day
This Yarn Octopus is a great way to get the entire family involved in crafting. Make a cute octopus out of yarn and ribbons with this fun and easy project.
- 1 5oz skein of bulky yarn (the bulkier the better)
- 1 3″ styrofoam ball
- face pieces
- 2-3 yards of ribbon
- Completely unwind the yarn into a 2-3 ft loop – we used a back of a chair.
- Cinch off one end of the loop.
- Cut the other end where the loops are – try to cut them as even as possible.
- Place the ball under the cinched end and spread the yarn ove the ball as evenly as you can.
- Cinch under the ball to make the neck – by now you should have a bunch of single strands of yarn hanging from the neck.
- Divide the strands into 8 sections for the legs.
- Braid each section and cinch the ends with ribbon.
- You should have 8 braids hanging from the neck.
- Now you can put on the face pieces.
- Enjoy the fruits of your fun labour.